Thursday, October 11, 2012

You Make Me Better!

I'm a movement by myself, but I'm a force when we're together.  I'm good all by myself, but you make me better.  Some may know this song, made popular by Ne-yo.  And I have declared it one of my family's theme songs.  However, Mo and I recently had a friendship conversation about it.  Since 1985, when we are both on the same road, heading in the same direction, we are in sync, and some baaaaddd women! 

Mo and I have similar goals.  We want to be good wives and mothers.  We want to live lives that would make God and our parents proud.  We like to be positive, people builders; not ones who tear people down.  And we want to fulfill our individual purposes and our individual dreams.   

The best friendships are when people encourage one another.  You ever try to stop doing anything, but the people you're around keep doing it?  You ever try to start doing something, but the people around you won't? In fact, they can not understand why YOU'RE changing?  That is so hard!  And it makes life so difficult!  We know first hand!

But, when Mo and I are both doing something positive, at the same time, the energy is kinetic.  And kinetic energy is basically moving energy - like water or wind that is not still or stagnant but MOVING!  We have found that we're most in sync, we're the strongest, and we're the fiercest when we're BOTH MOVING FORWARD!

PLEASE be sure that the friends in your life are making you better.  If you're not on the same path, remember it's ok to take a step away to let them do them, and you do you.  But try to surround yourself with people who are able to pour positivity, and to share in your steps to succeed.  There is enough room at the top for all of us!

Tone
For Real

No comments:

Post a Comment