Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Laughter keeps us MEDICATED!

Laughter really is medicine for the soul!  One thing that keeps us sane is our ability to LAUGH!

Mo and I have a love for life.  We like to have a good time, we like to enjoy ourselves, and have fun.  We have this instinctive ability to get clues from another, and even laugh with our eyes!  In her office, she has the words, Live, Laugh, Love - this is her!

We like the same kinds of movies, silly chick flicks with really zany humor!  We like sitcoms that are really FUNNY!  Mo can remember things much better than me though, and even won a bet last year when I thought a certain joke was by Cheryl Underwood and she KNEW it was Adele Givins!  While we were in school, I used to try to go home on weekends and tape DEF COMEDY JAM, so I could bring it back to school.  We would keep watching it over and over again and just laugh like we hadn't seen it already.

Mo, it seems, has always been able to make me laugh more, though.  She's able to think REALLY fast, and that quick wit is something else.  But when she laughs, it's for real!  It's genuine.  I tend to sometimes over-think things...  I may want to laugh, but I am the one more apt to hold it in...  This is where we balance - she cracks me up!  When I tend to get too deep, she lightens it up.  I am the one to dissect things, she just has this ability to shake it off with the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" attitude.  I'm getting there...  Pray for me...  LOL!

Even yesterday, I was on a business call, and Mo was making funny faces at me, which of course, broke up my speech because I was trying not to laugh!  I know the guy was wondering, "What's wrong with this lady, and has she started hitting up the EGG NOG, or what?"  There was absolutely no reason for her to do that (and shame, shame, shame), but it was FUNNY, and we laughed even harder when I hung up!

It seems we've been like this forever; able to make each other laugh!  Way back in the 7th grade, this helped to lay the foundation...  For us, it's safe to laugh with and at one another.  There is no judgement, probably because we have always found the same things to be funny.  It's no surprise that both of our husbands have the ability to make us laugh too! 

We have done some CRAZY things, and we can now look back at the clothes (yes, we've dressed alike on many occasions), the names (Tone-Luv and Mo-Ski in the place to be), the places (Riverside - not Six Flags, Mr. Pizza, getting stuck at the movies in East Hartford), the people (I'm not even going there today!) and so many other things and it cracks us up!

Laughter is important, healthy, and necessary in any relationship, otherwise, things will get very boring.  And let's just face it, who wants to be bored with someone else... you  may as well be alone:)

Tone
For real

No comments:

Post a Comment